1. If you have a hard time brushing your dog’s teeth, squeeze some enzymatic doggie toothpaste onto a Nylabone or rope toy and let your pooch go to town on it.
2. Make your own pill pockets when you need to feed your dog some medicine.
3. Use baking soda to get dog urine out of carpet.
If you don’t happen to have a product like Nature’s Miracle on hand (maybe you’re traveling or at a friend’s house), pour some baking soda over the spot, let it sit, and then sweep or vacuum it up.
4. If your dog isn’t feeling well, add some low-sodium chicken broth to the drinking water.
5. To remove pet hair from upholstery, dampen a rubber glove and run your gloved hand over it.
The latex/rubber will attract the hair.
6. Use a teapot to rinse dogs off in the bathtub without getting water and soap in their eyes.
7. If you’ve got a teething pup who loves destroying cords, spritz bitter apple spray onto a paper towel and wipe the cord with it.
This covers more surface area and wastes less product than simply spraying the entire thing.
8.Run a dryer sheet over your dog’s fur when there’s a storm — chances are, they aren’t freaked out about the storm but the static electricity built up in their fur. *Caution: Do Not use this method , if your dog is a licker. The chemicals can make the pet ill.
9. Print out and keep this handy chart of what foods your dog should NOT be given.
10. Print out this guide and bring it with you when dog food/treat shopping.
Bonus : Make Your Own Flea Shampoo
1 cup Dawn, 1 cup vinegar, and 1 quart of warm water. Massage in and let it sit for five minutes. According to one testimonial, “The fleas just floated in the water and died and the dog had no negative reaction to the process.